Thursday, September 20, 2018

A new bit holder!

I'm ready for the festival tomorrow and I hope to see some smiling faces there!!!

By the way, I made a little bit holder! I see a lot of people use their blogs to share tutorials so I'll try to share some projects I do as well!

My big bit holder has a lot of slots for a much smaller shank size which is useless for me (I don't have a micromotor yet and most of the bits I use are made for my dremel and are thicker in shaft circumference) so I made my own bit holder out of scraps of oak! Here is a brief overview of how I did it.

1. I measured out four circles (three for the rotating portion and one for the base) and drew them onto the scrap wood, then took them to the scroll saw

2. After I had my circles cut out I spaced out the spots for the bits and drilled some holes with my dremel (omg, I so love my dremel! I'll have to do a post about it sometime!) They're not all completely even because some of my bits are a little bulkier than others


3. I then glued my biggest circle to the middle circle and the smallest hollowed out circle to the top (it's hollowed out so I have a little spot for loose bits and pieces of stuff that inevitably clutter my desk). I had purchased some swivels and I chose an appropriate sized one and then mounted it. Sigh....I then I realized I had no patience to figure out how to attach the swivel mechanism from one round piece to another round piece... crap..... I know there are ways... but I was impatient and lazy....

4. Back to the scroll saw...
5. Now the video


And now instead of the big clunky plastic thingy I had with a bunch of empty slots, I now have a funky little clunky thingy filled with my favorite bits! ^_^


Yay! If you have any questions, drop me a comment and I'll be happy to share measurements/specs of my tools etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm embarrassed at how long it's been since I've written in my blog! Since I've written, I've successfully completed my...