Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Is there anybody out there?

Yesterday I was in a pretty bad funk... I've got someone close to me who is telling me I am going to fail at this whole art thing; that I should just go back to working human resources because I'm wasting my time with my art degree... I can't help but wonder if they are right. I mean, I've been out of the Army for about 3 years now, and while I was in the Army I didn't "make it big" with art (mostly because, oh, I don't know, I was IN THE ARMY working!)... so what's to say I will when I graduate? 
Still, I can't just drop my degree when I'm so close to graduation, and regardless of failure, I will never stop making art because I couldn't stop. Making art is like breathing for me. I do it compulsively and I always have even since I was a little toddler.
It's discouraging nonetheless. 
What's also discouraging is seeing zero views for my blog! How do I make this thing more interesting?! I could just start making stuff up and see if I can gather some readers that way, lol! ;)
This week, Friday, I'll be at the Cirque du Lake's 5th annual street festival, so if you're in or around Shreveport, Louisiana, stop by for a visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm embarrassed at how long it's been since I've written in my blog! Since I've written, I've successfully completed my...